Tuesday, September 6, 2011

We survived our FIRST day of homeschooling!!

Yeserday was Labor Day and our first day of homeschooling.  Jesse had the day off so he got to hang around and help out, which was really nice.  We are doing My Father's World Kindergarten Curriculum and the first 10 days are on Creation.  We started with Day 1 :-)  After we are done with Creation we will start on our normail Unit Study.  Here are some pictures of what we did today (there are a lot because Jesse was playing paparazzi while we were doing school.) 



Calendar time! (I think in this picture I was giving them their "Super Concentration Gum."  I told them it would help them be good listeners while we learned but that if it stopped working they would have to spit it out.)

Ready to start learning!

 Naomi coloring

Ok, I am SUPER excited about this find!!  They were decorating their binder covers for the binders that their work from the year will go in and they wanted to use these new "do-a-dot" markers that I bought.  I actually found them at the Dollar General on Pleasant Hill Rd.  and they are called Bingo Markers and are $1 a peice as opposed to like $15 for a pack of the name brand ones!!! 

 Naomi's beautiful picture!

Reading about the first day of Creation.

 Working on our letters.  Johnny has his down but Charlie needs some work.

I just love the look on Charlie's face in this picture!

 Paying attention while I give them instructions on what to do for their Day 1 page for their Creation Book.

Their completed Day 1 page for their Creation Book that will be complete on Day 7


They both colored and cut out their number 1 and glue them to their Creation Numbers Poster

We had a pretty good first day and we are looking forward to more school fun!  We ended our rainy cool homeschool day with homemade vegetable stew, fresh homemade bread, and a homemade blueberry coffee cake, YUM! 

3 comments:

  1. It probably feels good to have that first day finished! I imagine the pressure of beginning a first year...a new year...a new program...keeps your mind running 24/7! Anyway, looks like a good first day!

    I'm following along with a few MFW kindergarten blogs this year, as we are considering using this program next year. I'd like to be a "fly on the wall" with a few MFW families to see how it goes. I hope you don't mind! :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete