Friday, September 16, 2011

We know who made our world!

These past 2 weeks we have been focusing on Creation and today we finished!  Woohoo!  We have officially finished 2 weeks of homeschool and they have both been fun, crazy, frustrating at times,  but definitely worth it.  The boys did really well and they definitely have their Creation facts down now (or at least Johnny does.)  We also had our first soccer game last Saturday which was a lot of fun, even though we got stomped :-)  Johnny is really enjoying it and does well.  Today, we got to play with our homeschool friends and that was really nice.  I look forward to getting to do that once a week and I also look forward to our many field trips to come!  Here are some highlights from our time with Creation:

 Johnny and Charlie working on Day 3 of their Creation Book.  They were gluing on apples and oranges to their trees.

 Making animals and people out of play dough for Day 6.

 Johnny's person and animals.

 
 Charlie's uhhh???? (I have no clue what happened to his person)

 Their Creation Books

 Their favorite page out of their books.  They both chose the 6th day.

 Their Creation Numbers Poster


Where did that cutie come from?  :-)

 Our chart for things God made and things people made.

 While I was cleaning up inside, the boys made one pile of the things made by God and one pile of things made by people.  They did a really great job with this!

 I know this has nothing to do with our school but the boys got to ride in the back of Daddy's truck this evening as he backed it in the driveway.  Too fun!

Check out his co-pilot.


We have our second soccer game tomorrow morning and then will begin our first unit on the Sun on Monday.  I will also be starting a Letter of the Week curriculum with Charlie.  We are excited to begin another week of homeschool!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you guys! I hope this year is all that your heart desires for it to be and that Gods love increases more and more everyday in your home. I plan to start a blog soon I hope but mostly for my own record keeping. Hope to see you guys again soon one day. Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete