Saturday, September 3, 2011

We had been past due for an ER trip :-)

Last night Charlie fell off of a 5 1/2 foot brick retaining wall and landed on the top of his head on a concrete sidewalk..ouch..  He was OK, which was shocking to both Jesse and I, but I called the on call nurse just to see what her opinion was and she said that we should take him to get looked at just in case.  We had been at the park in downtown Duluth so we drove home and I dropped Jesse, Johnny, and Naomi off and Charlie and I headed down to Scottish Rite.  (I should insert here that we were just there last week because Johnny had a very painful ear infection.)   Luckily, there was hardly anyone in the waiting room but we still ended up having to wait for a long time.  We saw the doctor and then she held him there for a bit for observation but determined that he was probably fine and we got to go home finally at 12 am.  Needless to say, it was a LOOONG night but Charlie had a great time watching Disney movies and Nick Jr. at the hospital.  I also need to mention that the doctor and all of the nurses were GREAT!  All in all not a horrible night ;-)  Here are some snapshots of the patient:


 He had been dying to try on the blue gloves the whole night so I finally got some down for him and he wanted to bring some home for Johnny and Naomi so I got some for them too.

3 comments:

  1. Bonked his noggin:(.. He looks as if he held up ok though! Glad he's good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey charlie, buzz always lands on his feet goof ball. you need a little more practice. i am so happy your ok. but this isn't how your mommy wanted to spend the weekend.

    lots of love
    leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I know that is scary to a momma and a daddy! Glad Charlie is okay, though!

    ReplyDelete