Thursday, November 3, 2011

We're BAAACCKKK!!

We took a couple of days off for Halloween but starting yesterday we've been back at it!  We started a new unit on Animal Homes (Nests.)  I introduced Charlie's new letter, the letter E, and introduced the letter sound of the letter N to Johnny.  We read 2 books on animal homes and 1 book that was specifically about bird's nests and then we did the following:








 I set Charlie up with a set of elephants #ed 1-10 and then a bag of clothes pins #ed 1-10 and told him to match them.  We've done this a few times before and he wasn't able to do it without my help.  So, I figured I would let him do this by himself today, thinking that I would have to go back and help him redo them all.  Boy was I shocked when I saw that he was able to match every single one by himself!!!!!  He did get a little confused with 2 and 5 but that's understandable. I was quite impressed.

  Johnny working on a sound discrimination page.

 Charlie was supposed to be doing a color by #'s page but it turned into a color how ever you want and then cut out page :-)

On the left are animals and on the right are their homes.

See you all later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment